How To Get RightZoom to Work with Snow Leopard

Posted: October 15, 2011 by AppleWorld in Labels: ,
0

I’d like to upgrade to Snow Leopard, but I’m afraid that if I do, the RightZoom app I have installed will no longer work, and I can’t figure out how to determine whether it will or not. SnowChecker (free, snowleopard.wikidot.com/snowchecker) doesn’t list RightZoom, so I couldn’t check compatibility that way. I’m not sure I want to go back to the default behavior of OS X’s yellow and green buttons, but I’d like to upgrade. Any advice?

You’re in luck. BlazingTools Software has updated RightZoom  to be Snow Leopard compatible as of version 1.7. We installed and tested it on a MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard, and it worked as expected. Upgrade away!

RightZoom is a handy way to make those green buttons behave.

For readers who haven’t tried RightZoom, it’s a utility that lets you reassign the green “zoom” button at the top-left of application windows to make that window full-screen. You can limit this behavior to certain applications, or exclude applications, and even set keyboard shortcuts for maximizing windows, instead of or in addition to the green button.

0 comments: